Android Studio is an official app for Google’s Android operating system, that is specifically designed for app development and built on JetBrain’s IntelliJ IDEA software. The app was declared on 16 May 2013 at the Google I/O meeting. Android Studio was in the early access stage beginning from variant 0.1 in May 2013. After that point entered the beta stage beginning from adaptation 0.8 which was delivered in June 2014. Therefore, it was the principal stable form that was delivered in December 2014, beginning from adaptation 1.0.
It is accessible for download on macOS, Windows, and Linux based working frameworks or as membership-based assistance in 2020. However, it is a substitution for the Eclipse Android Development Tools (E-ADT) as the essential IDE for local Android application improvement. Therefore, on 7 May 2019, Kotlin supplanted and replaced Java as Google’s favored language for Android application development.
System Requirements for Installation
|Operating System Version||Microsoft® Windows® 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit) The Android Emulator only supports 64-bit Windows.||GNOME or KDE desktop Tested on gLinux based on Debian (4.19.67-2rodete2).||Mac OS X 10.10 or higher than that, up to 10.14 (macOS Mojave)|
|Minimum required JCK version||Java Development Kit 8||Java Development Kit 8||Java Development Kit 8|
|Random Access Memory (RAM)||4 GB RAM minimum; 8 GB RAM recommended||4 GB RAM minimum; 8 GB RAM recommended||4 GB RAM minimum; 8 GB RAM recommended|
|Free Disk Space||2 GB of available disk space minimum, 4 GB Recommended||2 GB of available disk space minimum, 4 GB Recommended||2 GB of available disk space minimum, 4 GB Recommended|
|Minimum Screen Resolution||1280 x 800||1280 x 800||1280 x 800|
In addition to these, the Android Emulator has extra necessities and requirements past the essential framework prerequisites for Android Studio, which are portrayed below:
- 64-bit processor.
- SDK Tools 26.1.1 or higher.
- Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (HAXM) 6.2.1
- Windows: CPU with UG (unhindered visitor) uphold
Installation Overview of Android Studio
Android Studio is for its application development and it is an authority IDE. It works dependent on IntelliJ IDEA. You can download the most recent edition of the android studio from Android Studio 2.2 Download. However, if you are new to introducing it on windows, you will discover a record, which is named android-studio-pack 143.3101438-windows.exe. So simply download and run on a windows machine as per the android studio wizard rule.
As a result, that you are introducing Android Studio on Mac or Linux. Hence, you can download the most recent variant from this application Linux Download, or Android Studio Mac Download, check the guidelines gave along with the downloaded document for Linux and Mac OS. Therefore, this instructional exercise will consider that you are going to arrange your current circumstance on a Windows machine having Windows 8.1 working framework.
Creating an Android Project
To make your new Android venture, follow these means:
- Firstly, Install the most recent adaptation of Android Studio.
- Secondly, click Start another Android Studio venture, in the Welcome to Android Studio window. If you already have a project or task opened previously, select File, then New and click New Project.
3. Thirdly, select Empty Activity, in the Select a Project Template window and snap Next.
4. In the Configure your task window, complete the accompanying:
- Enter the name required in the Name field.
- Enter the required name in the Package name field.
- If you want to place your project in a separate folder, change the Save location.
- Select either Kotlin or Java from the Language drop-down menu.
- Select the least form of Android your application. As a result, it will uphold in the Minimum SDK field.
- If your application will require inheritance library uphold, mark the Use heritage android-support libraries checkbox.
- Further, leave different choices as they seem to be.
5. Finally, snap Finish.
Features of Android Studio
The accompanying highlights are given in the current stable form:
- Firstly, Layout based wizards to make basic Android plans and parts
- Secondly, ProGuard mix and application marking abilities
- Thirdly, Android-explicit refactoring and convenient solutions
- Gradle-based form uphold
- Build up devices to get execution, ease of use, form similarity and different issues
- A rich format proofreader that permits clients to relocate UI segments, choice to see designs on different screen arrangement
- Android Virtual Device (Emulator) to investigate and run applications in the application.
- Underlying help for Google Cloud Platform, empowering combination with Firebase Cloud Messaging earlier called ‘Google Cloud Messaging’ and Google App Engine
- Lastly, Backing up for building Android Wear applications.
As a result, this application bolsters in no way different programming dialects of CLion and IntelliJ. For example C++, Java, and more with augmentations, for example, Android Studio 3.0 and Go or later backings Kotlin and all Java 7 language highlights and a subset of Java 8 language includes that differ by stage form.
Also, Outside ventures backport few highlights of Java 9. While IntelliJ states that Android Studio bolsters all delivered Java renditions, and Java 12. It’s not satisfactory to what in particular level it underpins Java forms up to Java 12, the documentation makes reference to fractional Java 8 help. Therefore, some new dialect includes up to Java 12 are usable in Android.
Also read the article – How to Boost Your Wi-Fi Speed